• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

question on Gibson Les Paul '60's Tribute neck size

John Learner

Hello. For those who have played a LP 60s Tribute (has the P90 pickups) AND another Gibson with the "slim taper" neck, is this 60s Tribute model's slim taper the same as other slim taper models?

I ask because I've seen a forum post, plus the guitar's specs, reference a thicker fret board. One fellow posted that this thicker fret board contributed to deeper "shoulders" that made the neck profile more bulky on the 60s Tribute (may be a little deeper "D" shape), despite it being advertised as "60s Slim Taper". Any first hand knowledge would be greatly appreciated. My hands are small so I'm looking for a slim neck and there isn't a practical way for me to see this Tribute model. I'd buy it online.

Thanks

This is an example of the guitar I'm referring to, which was built from 2010 to 2015 (I believe): http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/Les-Paul-60s-Tribute.aspx

Bob Womack

My '60s Tribute did not have the wider shoulders I encountered on my 2005 ES-335DOT and my '61 SG Standard Reissue Special Edition. It was more reminiscent of my '74 Kalamazoo Small Script LP Standard.

Bob

El Gringo

Hello. For those who have played a LP 60s Tribute (has the P90 pickups) AND another Gibson with the "slim taper" neck, is this 60s Tribute model's slim taper the same as other slim taper models?

I ask because I've seen a forum post, plus the guitar's specs, reference a thicker fret board. One fellow posted that this thicker fret board contributed to deeper "shoulders" that made the neck profile more bulky on the 60s Tribute (may be a little deeper "D" shape), despite it being advertised as "60s Slim Taper". Any first hand knowledge would be greatly appreciated. My hands are small so I'm looking for a slim neck and there isn't a practical way for me to see this Tribute model. I'd buy it online.

Thanks

This is an example of the guitar I'm referring to, which was built from 2010 to 2015 (I believe): http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/Les-Paul-60s-Tribute.aspx

From the link you posted the neck dimensions listed would qualify as slim taper to me . I don't know if that helps ,but it looks like it would be .

John Learner

Thanks Bob Womack and El Gringo,

I'm heading out to play a new Gibson Les Paul Classic that has the slim 60s profile.