• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD Thrice blessed

JennyJenny

There is a lot of disagreement about my new 2013 Midtown Custom. Some people like them some people don't. I think it fits perfect tonally between my LP Traditional and my CS 1983 ES335 VOS. When I can't decide between playing the LP or 335, I grab the Midtown..

It has just a hint of 335 woody airiness and the punch of a LP. It is a different and pleasing sound to me and definitely Gibson. You can make it ring or growl. And is really classy looking.

The LP is a limited run of 2015 Traditionals with I believe are '59 specs made for the Japanese market. It has the regular Les Paul signature logo on the head stock. It does NOT have the "100 Anniversary" logo, wider neck, brass adjustable nut, or robot tuners of other 2015's. Standard Gibson Deluxe tuners are original as well. Had to replace the Gibson 490, 491 or whatever they are called. Never liked them. Ordered Bare Knuckle 'Stormy Mondays' scatterwound, no wax, AlNico ll. Gawd awesome..

Gibson seems to do a better job than normal when building for the Japanese market. Fit, finish & woods are superb. This guitars beauty speaks for itself. Has just the right balance of wood grain & flame. Not too flashy.

Unplugged this guitar resonates louder than any Paul I've played. The Rosewood fretboard is so rich and dark it almost looks like Ebony. Neck profile is between 50's - 60's. Not skinny, not real chunky. Has a really good feel, fits well in the hand. Weight is about 8.8 lbs. With a one piece Mahogany body.

ES335.. I will absolutely take this one with me through the Pearly Gates. This guitar is superb in every way. 1983, two years after Gibson started producing reissues of the original 1958/1959 ES-335 VOS.

One of the first of the new Nashville Custom Shop ES335 The finish has mellowed to a beautiful deep golden amber. The high grade front & back Maple wood has 'bear clawing' with an almost 3D appearance. The Rosewood fret board is a deep rich brown. 3 piece Mahogany neck no volute.

All original with Tim Shaws! I cannot rave enough about these pups. The tone is everything from honey mellow jazz, to soulful blues to rockin' out. These Tim Shaws are everything I've ever heard about them and then some. I've not heard any other pickups that have come close to these. I hit a power cord and I almost wet myself....

OK, that's about it as I am now in debt up to my eyeballs. Oh yeah, they get played through a 22w Dumble clone..

With a Les Paul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=Bm5BlfH__oI
Disclaimer and confessional...not my playing

Last edited:

brandtkronholm

Welcome to the forum!

Your guitars look like great fun!

There is a lot of disagreement about my new 2013 Midtown Custom. Some people like them some people don't.

Who are these people? What is their issue with your 2013?