• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson-made replica guitar database

LeonC

A couple years ago, I became interested in collecting information about the custombucker (and other) pickups used in the Collectors Choice line. I created a spreadsheet on google docs for keeping track of the info and making it publicly available.

At the suggestion of another member here, I'm expanding the scope of the spreadsheet to include other Gibson replica type models, like the Jimmy Page Number Two, Pearly Gates, Bonamassa's Skinnerburst, and others (suggestions?)

The spreadsheet is located here: The Gibson Replica Guitar Database

I think it will also be interesting to compare the weight of each guitar to others within the same model, so I'm adding a column for weight for each model we're keeping tabs on.

If you own a Collector's Choice or other replica type guitar that Gibson has been producing and would like to contribute this info to the database, please send me your info in a private message or respond here if you like. What I'm tracking is, the model, serial number, pickup types and resistance reading for each and the weight of your guitar. The spreadsheet is organized so that there is one tab for each model. The main "landing" page identifies basic info Gibson has made public about these guitars.

Having this info enable us to compare different guitars within models and between models and observe the degree of consistency on some easily-obtained, objective metrics that almost anyone should be able to get.