• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Video featuring Greenie

LeonC

Stumbled across this yesterday. Boy...what a guitar!

El Gringo

Wow, that was incredible and so informative and prominently featured and explained the OOP sound or out of phase sound and that honk sound . Phil Harris was phenomenal in the video putting Greeny thru it's paces and explaining everything and at the same time sharing the history of this most wonderful Burst ! Thank You so much for posting this most wonderful video ! P.S. Doesn't this make you want to flip the magnet in your neck humbucker ?

zacknorton

Love Peter Green. This guy's vids are great....but,

could we maybe hear this guitar without it absolutely dripping in reverb?

El Gringo

Love Peter Green. This guy's vids are great....but,

could we maybe hear this guitar without it absolutely dripping in reverb?
yes , and preferably thru a cranked Marshall for the British sound

ourmaninthenorth

Got zero time for this geezer.

Let me see if I can find the picture of the fake he had made of Greeny, brazenly pictured beside the real thing, whilst he had it in his possession whilst fruitlessly trying to sell the original.

I have it somewhere, filed under "fakes" which candidly is rather a large file to wade through.

El Gringo

Except.......a good chunk of Peter Green's career, he played with lots of reverb.......and used American amps. ;)

Gary Moore used Marshalls I believe ? Also probably played Greenie longer ?

JPP-1

Some of the best Greeny tone from the man himself

Tarcisioo

Greeny was Green... Shredders are shredders. High gain JCM 900 with tons of racks aren't what made burst tones famous for... I try to like Gary Moore, I obviously see the talent, but there's just too much gain, too much speed, it's really the opposite of what comes in my mind when I think about burst tones...

We all know that quote from B.B. King about Peter Green's tone. That was Greeny, it's a blues guitar, and it made some of the best tones ever recorded, studio and live, with Mayall and with the Mac. She's mellow. It's so strange to me when I see her biting, when she's in a hard rock/metal enviroment. Maybe I feel better when I see Moore with Stripe, or that great red strat of his.

El Gringo

Greeny was Green... Shredders are shredders. High gain JCM 900 with tons of racks aren't what made burst tones famous for... I try to like Gary Moore, I obviously see the talent, but there's just too much gain, too much speed, it's really the opposite of what comes in my mind when I think about burst tones...

We all know that quote from B.B. King about Peter Green's tone. That was Greeny, it's a blues guitar, and it made some of the best tones ever recorded, studio and live, with Mayall and with the Mac. She's mellow. It's so strange to me when I see her biting, when she's in a hard rock/metal enviroment. Maybe I feel better when I see Moore with Stripe, or that great red strat of his.

Now she resides with Kirk Hammett from Metallica and his high gain Mesa amps . I don't think Greenie cares a lot about what amp plays her , just that she gets played and listened to ! For that Captain Kirk gets a high 5 . I myself favor Marshall 2555X's (tons and tons of high gain ) into Marshall 2551AV Cabs loaded with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers . Solidbody Les Paul's loaded with ThroBak MXV-SLE-101 Plus pickups wax potted, you should hear how they roar -like a pride of hungry lions and lioness in the Serengeti !!!!!!!!!!!!