• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Valuing a guitar (Custom Shop 1959 LP Reissue in the Brock Burst finish and Factory )

mlebofsky

I have a very good condition 'Gibson Custom Shop 1959 LP Reissue in the Brock Burst finish and Factory Bigsby. No dings, chips or gouges. Surface swirls and light usage. Manufactured in 2005. It was part of a run of 10 59's for Dave Carpenter of Guitar Sale back in 05'. Guitar Weight is 9 LB and 1.4 OZ. It would be sold with the Custom Shop hardshell case, the certificate of authenticity, and the extras.

What's the best way to value this guitar?

thumbnail.jpgthumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail (2).jpgthumbnail (3).jpg

El Gringo

I have a very good condition 'Gibson Custom Shop 1959 LP Reissue in the Brock Burst finish and Factory Bigsby. No dings, chips or gouges. Surface swirls and light usage. Manufactured in 2005. It was part of a run of 10 59's for Dave Carpenter of Guitar Sale back in 05'. Guitar Weight is 9 LB and 1.4 OZ. It would be sold with the Custom Shop hardshell case, the certificate of authenticity, and the extras.

What's the best way to value this guitar?

View attachment 11921View attachment 11922View attachment 11923View attachment 11924

One of the ways is to check prices on places like Reverb and EBAY

mlebofsky

Any thoughts on $s from the knowledgeable folks here?
Considering it was from a special run of 10, I can't find any any others out there ....

El Gringo

Any thoughts on $s from the knowledgeable folks here?
Considering it was from a special run of 10, I can't find any any others out there ....

It's against Forum rules , and I abide by the rules .

goldtop0

May be best to take it to Gibson dealer if there's one that's near you for their opinion.

Bruce R

Yes, check Reverb current listings and eBay "Completed Items" of similar guitars (if possible). Nice guitar!