• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Please help get a friend's band inti the St. Louis Classic Rock Hall of Fame

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
A friend's band has been nominated for induction into The St. Louis Classic Rock Hall of Fame. They were named "The Unknowns" and later "Spur". They released singles in 1965, '66 and '67, and ultimately an album in 1968. They never made the big-time, but opened for Cream, Vanilla Fudge, The Grateful Dead, The Youngbloods, The Byrds, Bob Segar and Steve Miller, to name a few. I discovered the band last year when I bought Jimmy Fey's (who played in The Unknowns/Spur) left-handed ES-345. The two surviving band members Rick Willard and Stan Bratzke have been great help in my search to gather info about Jimmy Fey, his guitar(s), and the band. I've included a link, and if anyone could spare a minute to click on it, you'll find "The Unknowns/Spur" listed down the page on the left. A yes vote would be appreciated. Thanks, Forum brothers!
http://stlouisclassicrock.com/hall-of-fame/

Last edited: