• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

HNGD: R8 aged

Cav

Hi everyone,

It's a HNGD! I just bought this '58 LP...

It's been a moment since I'm looking for an used Collector's Choice LP after regreting selling my CC #28 but I haven't found anything that suited me.
Last year I sold my my number #1 LP R8 and an B4. I wanted to reduce my rig and a bit of change. So I kept my R4 that had a Jaeger makeover and a vintage Silverburst LP Custom.
But the idea of an aged R8 didn't stop growing on my mind for the last few months and I finally found the one.

I'm more than happy to have pulled the trigger on this one. It's a special colour called Pale Whisky Burt. Something inbetween a tobbaco and a cherry burst. Looks great!
The sound is super balanced with a great attack and the neck is more like a '59 profile than the baseball bat. Perfect!
It has True Historic parts on it.And the aging is about the same as the MArk Knopfler sig, a guitar I dreamed for a long time about.

I just ordered a bridge Wolfetone Marshallhead mk2 as I play more rock and hard rock things than jazz and blues and need a bit more punch in the bridge position. But the Custombuckers sound very nice, clear and smooth.

Enough said, here are a few pictures of the guitar.

ZDfi4hQ.jpg

7vzOUQI.jpg

5OcHA6O.jpg

6uLPOWQ.jpg

dRsIcNf.jpg

7adZikT.jpg

Ql8RmNt.jpg

gT41Bxt.jpg

yJjDWY5.jpg

WTKSike.jpg

CK6

Hi everyone,

It's a HNGD! I just bought this '58 LP...

It's been a moment since I'm looking for an used Collector's Choice LP after regreting selling my CC #28 but I haven't found anything that suited me.
Last year I sold my my number #1 LP R8 and an B4. I wanted to reduce my rig and a bit of change. So I kept my R4 that had a Jaeger makeover and a vintage Silverburst LP Custom.
But the idea of an aged R8 didn't stop growing on my mind for the last few months and I finally found the one.

I'm more than happy to have pulled the trigger on this one. It's a special colour called Pale Whisky Burt. Something inbetween a tobbaco and a cherry burst. Looks great!
The sound is super balanced with a great attack and the neck is more like a '59 profile than the baseball bat. Perfect!
It has True Historic parts on it.And the aging is about the same as the MArk Knopfler sig, a guitar I dreamed for a long time about.

I just ordered a bridge Wolfetone Marshallhead mk2 as I play more rock and hard rock things than jazz and blues and need a bit more punch in the bridge position. But the Custombuckers sound very nice, clear and smooth.

Enough said, here are a few pictures of the guitar.

Nice guitar, congratulations! Wolfe makes outstanding pickups, great choice.