• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2014 Gibson Melody Maker Bridge??

asherxo

ingHey, Total beginner here.
I have a 2014 Gibson Melody Maker, which is pretty much a Les paul in everything but name, anyway, the previous owner had replaced the lightning wraparound bridge with some chinese alternative and i'd very much like to https://one2step.net get a new bridge for it. I'm not paying for an official Gibson replacement as there's no way to justify spending that much on the part, but I have no idea as to what the right bridge would be. There's so many different types from different eras and i'm struggling to find the right one for it. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Last edited:

mrbeasty

There are a ton of options these days. I would recommend finding something with adjustable saddles so you can perfectly set your intonation. If cost is a concern I would look toward GFS or for a used one off eBay or Reverb. That said with metal parts, you typically get what you pay for.
I am partial to Faber parts, but Schaller, Gotoh, Tone Pro all have quality parts.