• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

ReWind Low output A2's

ourmaninthenorth

My old Murphy is coming back to me soon on an extended visit, which I'm super pleased about, my great Pal, and the current owner has a set of these in.

Confess to never having played a set, what should I expect, are they any good?

:hank

goldtop0

My old Murphy is coming back to me soon on an extended visit, which I'm super pleased about, my great Pal, and the current owner has a set of these in.

Confess to never having played a set, what should I expect, are they any good?

:hank

I suspect you're going to find out before we do Paul.............:) :lol

Trust things are okay for you two over there in blighty.........we've recently gone through our second lot of Level 3 lockdown here in Auckland........I'm over it but I think this sort of stop/start thing may be on going.............we'll see.........we're in an economic depression which will take a long time to crawl out of.......and it's not over yet unfortunately:dang

ourmaninthenorth

Steve, remember this bugger..me old 2001 Murphy Plaintop R9?

That's what coming a visiting ( again!! ). Me Mate's got too much class to ask the question..."why did you sell me this guitar, you've had it in your hands more than me since you did..."

Some bloody cool geezers around and about.

In return My Banker Midnight Special is going into his hands for a while, only fitting I've told him, the wood is nearly as old as he is...:laugh2::laugh2:

qo21TxF.jpg

K910kZq.jpg

Stay cool Mate.

:salude:salude

goldtop0

Steve, remember this bugger..me old 2001 Murphy Plaintop R9?

That's what coming a visiting ( again!! ). Me Mate's got too much class to ask the question..."why did you sell me this guitar, you've had it in your hands more than me since you did..."

Some bloody cool geezers around and about.

In return My Banker Midnight Special is going into his hands for a while, only fitting I've told him, the wood is nearly as old as he is...:laugh2::laugh2:

qo21TxF.jpg

K910kZq.jpg

Stay cool Mate.

:salude:salude

A great looking plaintop:wow
The patina on the stopbar and ABR-1 is perfect and dull.
Has she got a fat neck profile at all?

ourmaninthenorth

A great looking plaintop:wow
The patina on the stopbar and ABR-1 is perfect and dull.
Has she got a fat neck profile at all?

Yep, a right big chunky handful...absolutely perfect for me, it took me 3 seconds to buy it.

I've played the paint of this guitar, without question the best Historic I've played, can't wait to put it through my new little set up, I forecast I'll put myself into a trance within 5 minutes.

The devil was driving hard the day I had to part with her, never quite got over it to be really candid.

Really, really lucky to still have the opportunity to tuck it back under me arm. Some people have more grace than I can understand sometimes, my Pal being one of them.

I mentioned it coming back for a bit to my Good Lady the other day; "thank Christ for that" was the response......
BkGsDrU.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin:

goldtop0

Yep, a right big chunky handful...absolutely perfect for me, it took me 3 seconds to buy it.

I mentioned it coming back for a bit to my Good Lady the other day; "thank Christ for that" was the response......
BkGsDrU.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin:

:rofl

Johnny Bom Bonny

My understanding is that there are two versions of the ReWind low output pickups - if I'm not mistaken the first version is a '50s style wind, but it was later changed to a 1960 style wind, which I think has more closely matched coils. I have tried a set of the second version and they are quite good - clear and articulate with slight compression due to the alnico II.

duaneflowers

I have 5 or 6 sets of Rewinds and I think they are awesome... as I guess they should be since James co-wrote the ultimate PAF bible.

PUUIQj3.png

JLee

I had a set of the original recipe A2 low winds. They were one of my favorite sets among Shed, Throbak, OX4 and Wizz. I did swap the bridge magnet to a UOA5 from Throbak for a little more push. Articulate and clear with lots of complexity. Wish I had kept them.

ourmaninthenorth

I had a set of the original recipe A2 low winds. They were one of my favorite sets among Shed, Throbak, OX4 and Wizz. I did swap the bridge magnet to a UOA5 from Throbak for a little more push. Articulate and clear with lots of complexity. Wish I had kept them.

Thanks very much Mate.

:salude