• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD (new to me) Collector’s Choice 11, Rosie

mythundreamt

As much as I want the perfect flame just like anybody else, I also really like a nice plaintop. I don’t know if this is a nice one or not, but the idea of a NOS ‘59 burst was too appealing. Never thought I would get a cherry burst Paul but here we are.

472413C5-D899-43F3-BCE7-C7034167EA44.jpg

MacFangus

For some reason, I see Eric Clapton playing the sh!t out of this guitar. You hit the jackpot! :salude

Midnight Blues

wave.gif
mythundreamt and :welcome to the LPF!

She looks quite nice to m! Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!

El Gringo

Sweet and very pretty , Play her in great health and Rock out !!!!!!!!

LeonC

As much as I want the perfect flame just like anybody else, I also really like a nice plaintop. I don’t know if this is a nice one or not, but the idea of a NOS ‘59 burst was too appealing. Never thought I would get a cherry burst Paul but here we are.

View attachment 11913

Great looking guitar! Love my Collectors Choice guitars. Enjoy.

BTW, I have been keeping track of CC pickup specs in a spreadsheet here. If you get a chance please send me the type of pickups in yours and the output readings measured with a multi-meter and I'll add them to the database. We don't have any Rosies in there yet so you'd be the first.

ONEHERO

If I remember correctly Rosie has the best neck out of the CCs(slight v neck shape)?

mythundreamt

Thanks everyone for all the positive comments, quite reassuring! Especially since a cherry color as well a plaintop were not what I normally think to go for. I’ve been getting such excellent photos of her!

BB7E7520-F77C-4738-BADD-87E0DB2E7B49.jpg

I will be happy to get someone to measure the specs on the pickups and add to that sheet, nice work there.

Can’t comment on how the neck compares to other CCs (yet) but it is a soft V, yes, and quite comfortable and better than most LPs I have tried, with a thickness that resembles most R9 specimens.

mythundreamt

Great looking guitar! Love my Collectors Choice guitars. Enjoy.

BTW, I have been keeping track of CC pickup specs in a spreadsheet here. If you get a chance please send me the type of pickups in yours and the output readings measured with a multi-meter and I'll add them to the database. We don't have any Rosies in there yet so you'd be the first.

Tech says neck is 7.53 ohms and bridge is 8.03 ohms. Type of pickups I can only just go by the literature from Gibson (because I know these are the original CC11 pups in there): Alnico III custom bucker.

LeonC

Awesome; I've updated the spreadsheet. If you don't mind, please shoot me the SN of your guitar too, I like to keep that with the record of the pickup readings. I assume it CC11 0xx..., just need to know the xx. Thanks.