• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Serial number confusion

sulfuricdemon

Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum and have a question about a newly acquired Les Paul. I started doing research trying to find out what year it was and the serial number is throwing me for a loop. I need help. The serial number isn’t stamped, it’s painted. — GC 353 — Made in USA is stamped under it. Is this a legit serial number?

mrbeasty

“GC” ... aren’t those “Guitar Center” exclusive limited editions?

johnreardon

Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum and have a question about a newly acquired Les Paul. I started doing research trying to find out what year it was and the serial number is throwing me for a loop. I need help. The serial number isn’t stamped, it’s painted. — GC 353 — Made in USA is stamped under it. Is this a legit serial number?
Did your research include contacting Gibson to ask them?
They have always answered my queries. They will need to see pics of the guitar including serial number. They may be a while with this virus going on though