• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

"The Paul" with a Bizarre Headstock Logo..?

jrohlf301

Hey! I was browsing Reverb when I saw a "The Paul" pop up for $950, but there's a lot of less than reputable things going on here... The seller has only two pics, the description is absolutely bare bones:

"This is a 1979 'The Paul' with unknown history. I named her "Dire Wolf" after the inlay stickers I put on"

And most of all, the headstock has a downright bizarre decal on the headstock. Here are the photos:

weirdo.jpg
weirdo 2.jpg

Obviously, the gut reaction for an odd headstock logo is "fake!", but there are so many little details that seem to be in order that it would be downright baffling for it to have such a ridiculous logo, so there must be something going on I'm totally oblivious to. I'm gonna message the seller to get their story, but obviously if there really is something funky going on they wouldn't tell me the truth. Let me know, have you seen anything like this? Possibly a weird custom made decal to replace a worn logo? I sure don't know! Thanks :)

Attachments

• weirdo.jpg
    weirdo.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 41

El Gringo

I seen this on Reverb this morning and skipped right over it . As far as the headstock goes I cant see it due to the glare . The sticker I see on the body is the dire wolf and if I had to venture a guess I would bet it is a fan of the Grateful Dead . As Jerry had one of his custom built Alembic Doug Irwin guitars named wolf !

Flogger

• It looks like the real thing, but the Gibson logo is an abomination. It was just a silkscreen to start off with. But The tuners and such look OK, they should be Grovers with a metal tulip button.