• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

3 point adjustment bridge

LedZeppl1

lhK8KrMJ
Hi everyone !
I need some help !
I have an 83 LP Custom with a "rare" bridge, the three point adjustment bridge. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXQ0d21uGRM)
But I have to change the saddles. After a week of searching and a mistake in an order, it appears that finding the good saddles for this bridge is more than difficult.

Today I've showed my guitar at the only shop of my town (not at every street corner in France :laugh2:) and they tried to sell me everything, but had no solutions. I've tried to explain that the pieces are hard to find, and the only time I've seen one of these was on reverb. The answer ?" We d'ont treat with reverb"("We can order a standard tune o matic and take the saddles from it" :##)

So I'm lost, If someone know this stuff or know where I can fin saddles for this (It's not the standard tunomatic pre 2000 saddles), it will be very helpful !

https://goopics.net/i/WkElK
https://goopics.net/i/g8klj

Strings Jr.

Unless you're having major issues getting your intonation to set properly, the 3-point bridge is un-necessary.

Do yourself a favor and buy a nice aftermarket "Nashville" style tuneomatic bridge and thumbwheels, and you'll be playing happily ever after :salude

LedZeppl1

Yes, I clearly agree with you that the 3 point is un-necessary. That's maybe why Gibson produced just few of them in 1983 !
Buy an other bridge was my "option 2". The idea was to keep most of the orignal parts as long as possible.
If I don't find any possibilities, I will change it !

LedZeppl1

Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire compliqué?

C'est tout moi ça :##
Pour garder la pièce d'origine qui a pas loin de 40 ans et qui a vieilli en conséquence, et qui est introuvable ! (To keep original parts that have a real playwear after 40 years)

somebodyelseuk

Email Gibson.
Email Heritage.
Email 'Trogly'.
Maybe, email Schaller.
Gibson and/or Heritage might have leftover stock... You never know.
The Trogly guy is a Gibson nut, so may have ideas about where you'll find one.
I remeber them being fitted to some models, and vague memory of Schaller maybe mentioned as the manufacturer of the parts.
A semi permanent fix would be to fit a Nashville and keep the original bridge in the case for refit in the event of selling it.

LedZeppl1

Yes good ideas, thanks ! Austin of Trogly guitar show is an encyclopedia, I will ask him the question !
Heritage was implicated in Gibson part production in these years ?

Yes the best idea seems to preserve original parts like this one...

somebodyelseuk

Yes good ideas, thanks ! Austin of Trogly guitar show is an encyclopedia, I will ask him the question !
Heritage was implicated in Gibson part production in these years ?

Yes the best idea seems to preserve original parts like this one...
Well Heritage was formed when Gibson moved out of Kalamazoo by the guys who didn't want to move, including the guy who invented this bridge. Heritage fitted this bridge to their guitars for a long time after. I believe it was Schaller who made it for them, as well as pickups etc.