• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Scholz Rockman X-100

Blackjack30

bybzfnnlfdl3atvr2wab.jpg

Finally scored one after all these years. My roomate in 1982 had gotten one for Xmas. They were close to $500 bucks then as we were both "starving artists" guitar players in different bands. I also have the Arion Hott Watt but its no comparison to the Rockman. Rockman sounds fantastic. I can finally practice early without dragging out a Marshall 1/2 stack which is really handy early in the morn.
So versitile, extremely well made.
Thanks Tom for a great product that has stood the test of time !

garywright

those were always fun ..I had one as well as two of my cousins ...within a couple years all had crapped out ..I was thinking they were in the $200 range new.

Texas Blues

Back in the day of the dinosaur.

And the great white buffalo.

I wore out 2 of those.

Fantastic units and great sound.

Weak spot was the guitar input jack which eventually failed upon very much use.

But then again.

I worked the hell out of them.

Even used on a few gigs.

Worth ever penny.

Blackjack30

This one has had all electrolytic caps replaced [about 10] and refurbished by a guy in Chicago-land. Has the Rev 10 boards from 1984.

I remember very clearly there was only one guy in the whole Metro area that sold them in the early 80's he was also the only Gibson dealer too.

He was selling these for north of $450. Tried like hell to get one.

I bought my first JMP 2204 Marshall from him for $375, go figure.

MacFangus

The worst and best part about Rockman compression, is that no matter which guitar you plug into it, they all end-up sounding the same. Had Tom included a compressor + mid EQ frequency defeat, the X-1OO would have been one seriously diverse piece of kit. One of his techs suggested this as an option, but Tom sluffed it off.

I've been using Rockman EQ, Stereo Chorus, and Stereo Echo modules since 1988. One SE for slap-back, another SE for long echo. Next to the Roland Space Echo, I've yet to find a superior analog effects set.