• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pedal floor....

ourmaninthenorth

Been busy mooching around and about and putting some pedals on the floor.

Haven't got a bloody clue what I'm doing to be honest...a lead and an amp is usually as technical as I can handle...but I'm making some bloody lovely noises with em, if I do say so myself.

Thought you lads might like a squint at my tinkerings?

From R to L.

sLRtPJc.jpg

Castledine Wizard. Essentially Stu's take on a Supergroup 100 watter with a Rangemaster in front. Think the first 4 Black Sabbath albums, and you're pretty much there. This one's on long term Loan from a Forum Brother...I must remember to be out when he comes to retrieve it.

Castledine V2. A take on a 73 Rams Head. An absolutely fantastic take it is too. Love this thing.

BAE Hot Fuzz. Rangemaster on one side, and a Tonebender MK3/4 on the other - separate or stacked, this thing like everything else BAE does is top shelf...

Hungry Robot The Wash v1. Fantastic delay running into reverb...soundscape city this thing. I can literally lose myself for hours with this box of magic. Should have these buggers on prescription.

Spaceman Effects Mercury IV. The secret weapon. Harmonic Germanium boost. I have an amp that is so pleasing to the ear as it is, that to hear what this thing does to it leaves me completely baffled, it just makes a masterpiece amp more *masterpiecely ( sic )

*That's the second word I've made up all by myself this week, the first was the word plagiarism....:laugh2:

Just need one of those big box Revival Drive box of tricks, and I'm there. Wherever the bloody hell there might be.

Hope everyone's doing alright?

:salude:salude

El Gringo

Been busy mooching around and about and putting some pedals on the floor.

Haven't got a bloody clue what I'm doing to be honest...a lead and an amp is usually as technical as I can handle...but I'm making some bloody lovely noises with em, if I do say so myself.

Thought you lads might like a squint at my tinkerings?

From R to L.

sLRtPJc.jpg

Castledine Wizard. Essentially Stu's take on a Supergroup 100 watter with a Rangemaster in front. Think the first 4 Black Sabbath albums, and you're pretty much there. This one's on long term Loan from a Forum Brother...I must remember to be out when he comes to retrieve it.

Castledine V2. A take on a 73 Rams Head. An absolutely fantastic take it is too. Love this thing.

BAE Hot Fuzz. Rangemaster on one side, and a Tonebender MK3/4 on the other - separate or stacked, this thing like everything else BAE does is top shelf...

Hungry Robot The Wash v1. Fantastic delay running into reverb...soundscape city this thing. I can literally lose myself for hours with this box of magic. Should have these buggers on prescription.

Spaceman Effects Mercury IV. The secret weapon. Harmonic Germanium boost. I have an amp that is so pleasing to the ear as it is, that to hear what this thing does to it leaves me completely baffled, it just makes a masterpiece amp more *masterpiecely ( sic )

*That's the second word I've made up all by myself this week, the first was the word plagiarism....:laugh2:

Just need one of those big box Revival Drive box of tricks, and I'm there. Wherever the bloody hell there might be.

Hope everyone's doing alright?

:salude:salude

Greetings , My compliments on your board . Sure looks like fun to my eyes . The Hungry Robot sure looks fun . I have had thoughts about something similar about a delay and reverb , as with my Marshall's I don't have reverb and I think about it from time to time . Have a great day and please stay safe !

renderit

Looks to be a lovely crew!

Let's face it, pedals are fun.

ourmaninthenorth

Looks to be a lovely crew!

Let's face it, pedals are fun.

That's the word Ren, fun.

I'm making noises that nearly match those in me head...gulp!!!

I should be worried, but I'm not, too busy pissing myself laughing, and pretending I'm completely in control of what's occurring :laugh2::laugh2:.

They're going through these wonderful creations btw.

tIqpAG1.jpg

Hope all's well Mate?

corpse

Good good stuff. I have one pedal that I have not made peace with - an Earthquaker Devices Tone Reaper- a fuzzish thing. Sometimes it is exactly what they doctor ordered, but sometimes it has to go. I think it has to do with the volume I play at when SWMBO is home and when SWMBO is out.
I had a friend that lent me a refin '59 Std LP. Then he wanted it back. I was like "It's a refin- and besides it's got a replaced neck" (it arrived that way BTW).
But he still wanted it back.
Some folks got nerve.

ourmaninthenorth

Good good stuff. I have one pedal that I have not made peace with - an Earthquaker Devices Tone Reaper- a fuzzish thing. Sometimes it is exactly what they doctor ordered, but sometimes it has to go. I think it has to do with the volume I play at when SWMBO is home and when SWMBO is out.
I had a friend that lent me a refin '59 Std LP. Then he wanted it back. I was like "It's a refin- and besides it's got a replaced neck" (it arrived that way BTW).
But he still wanted it back.
Some folks got nerve.

I've got used to playing a bit quieter over the years Mate, long gone are the days when I had the space and lack of concern for other people to let go on the big cannons. I think it's an art in it's own right getting tone right at low wattage and volume.I'm still an apprentice, but I can do it. I mean lets face it, 20 watt's going at full bore may not sound much, but it's bloody loud.

I reckon that's what settee's were invented for, to hide behind when the rent man comes a calling, they equally double up when those selfish buggers want their gear back.

They've no gratitude Jim, no gratitude whatso-bloody-ever.....

You'll be able to let fly real soon............

:laugh2::laugh2:

:couch