• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

ABR intonation

Coda

Couple of ABR bridge questions

1. Is there a LPF thread, or a maybe a photo, that shows the effect that different string gauges have on ABR saddle location for intonation ? For example, does changing from a light set of strings to a heavy set move intonation position forward ? (i.e. towards nut) ? How large is the saddle movement ?

2. Has anyone re-positioned an ABR post because saddles are slammed up against the bridge and have no travel left to intonate correctly ? Did you fill the post hole with a mahogany dowel and then re-drill forward (or backward) for the the new post location ?

The reason I ask is that my bottom three strings (strings 6,5 +4) don't have any adjustment available, because they are adjusted fully forward.

thanks for any replies on this.

somebodyelseuk

Heavier strings require longer length, saddles move away from nut.
Never had to reposition a bridge on a Gibson, but I own a couple of post 79 Fenders that need the bridges repositioni g, because their low Es can't be intonated.