• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pickup replacement: Les Paul Junior with humbucker

Named User

Hello to all, this is my first post! I have just bought a 2012 Chinese made Epiphone Les Paul junior (Daewon factory). It came with a humbucker at the bridge. I'd like to replace the humbucker with a P90 and am looking at this - https://tonelounge.co.nz/p90-conver...1T4lrdt7jgauRvlL6BjTAXJEZqFpWiHkaAvqHEALw_wcB
This is a humbucker sized P90.

I'd like to do this work myself, but have no experience with guitar electronics (but am comfortable with soldering).

My question is: can I just drop this new P90 in, or do I also need to change pots etc? I presume no routing is required since the P90 I am looking at is humbucker shaped.

I don't want to spend much on this so want to DIY, but if this is difficult/requires more that just soldering a new pickup in place of the old, then I'll leave as is.

Thanks in advance for comments!

El Gringo

Hello to all, this is my first post! I have just bought a 2012 Chinese made Epiphone Les Paul junior (Daewon factory). It came with a humbucker at the bridge. I'd like to replace the humbucker with a P90 and am looking at this - https://tonelounge.co.nz/p90-conver...1T4lrdt7jgauRvlL6BjTAXJEZqFpWiHkaAvqHEALw_wcB
This is a humbucker sized P90.

I'd like to do this work myself, but have no experience with guitar electronics (but am comfortable with soldering).

My question is: can I just drop this new P90 in, or do I also need to change pots etc? I presume no routing is required since the P90 I am looking at is humbucker shaped.

I don't want to spend much on this so want to DIY, but if this is difficult/requires more that just soldering a new pickup in place of the old, then I'll leave as is.

Thanks in advance for comments!

I am not the most tech savy person in the world , but if it's a humbucker sized P90 , you should be good to go and then it's just a case of following the proper wiring diagram and you should be good to go . I have no idea why you would need to replace any pots or caps as they should work with what's in your wiring harness .