• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Opinions: Vintage Haven or RetroSpec

bmwm3cs

I am torn between RetroSpec and Vintage Haven M69 rings. Any thoughts on which route I should take?

Bruce R

I am torn between RetroSpec and Vintage Haven M69 rings. Any thoughts on which route I should take?

I just picked up a pair of Montreux M69 rings from Gord Miller (Montreux's USA distributor) and am very pleased. I poured through photo after photo of vintage Les Pauls and they are just spot-on.

bmwm3cs

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't suppose you would mind posting some pics. I would love to see them on your guitar.

tonyfrancis

I have had both. You can't go wrong with either however, if you are looking for that light bone color, I would go with Vintage Haven. He is a real gentlemen to boot.

PixelBurst

I have Vintage Haven rings on my two R9's. They look the closest to the real deal to me.

DANELECTRO

Monteux aged rings and a MojoAxe aged pickguard on a 2013 CC#7 Shanks
zxWshcu.jpg

An original 1958 burst (8-6929) for comparison:
TmskMiX.jpg

Last edited: