• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2006 Gibson LP Standard Bridge Replacement

MikeBPhillipson

Hi

I've recently picked up a 2006 LP Standard... Bridge is slightly bent so looking to swap that out, so just looking to pick everyones brains in regard to getting the correct one..

So having researched extensively there seem to be 2 different fittings.. imperial (called small posts) and Metric.. am i right in thinking the IMPERIAL is the correct thread size for Gibson USA?.. from what i can tell metric is for Epiphone?.. is that correct?

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the Nashville - So far TonePros look good to me, i did also like Graphtech but wasn't sure on fittings so i've emailed them but as yet no reply - i'm based in the UK so would need to order direct from the US..

Lastly.. not sure if i should order Nickle or Chrome not super important but they look almost identical, just curious what other think about Chrome vs Nickel on a LP..

Many thanks :)

50203482678_c531c6f00c_c.jpg

somebodyelseuk

Chrome v nickel - if your plating is still bright and shiny, it's probably chrome. Nickel tends to dull pretty quckly. Look at it in natural light. If it has a blueish sheen, it's chrome. Yellowish, it's nickel.
It's imperial, assuming it's the original.
You should be able to get replacements in the UK, or EU at the very least. Allparts UK, would be my first stop, WD Music next. I believe, Faber do Nashville to ABR1conversion kits. Chandlers is another place to try.

MikeBPhillipson

Chrome v nickel - if your plating is still bright and shiny, it's probably chrome. Nickel tends to dull pretty quckly. Look at it in natural light. If it has a blueish sheen, it's chrome. Yellowish, it's nickel.
It's imperial, assuming it's the original.
You should be able to get replacements in the UK, or EU at the very least. Allparts UK, would be my first stop, WD Music next. I believe, Faber do Nashville to ABR1conversion kits. Chandlers is another place to try.

Chrome it is then!... Imperial also confirms what i thought.. and thank you for the UK shop links I wasn't aware of some of those.. very much appreciated :)

somebodyelseuk

Chrome it is then!... Imperial also confirms what i thought.. and thank you for the UK shop links I wasn't aware of some of those.. very much appreciated :)
Yer welcome.
Axesrus is another, but I tend to use them more when I'm tarting up Asian guitars than for bits for higher end stuff.
Re: Allparts and WD Music. They are US companies, but they both have UK sites/shipping facilities, so don't forget to add UK if you google em. Could be the difference between next day delivery and a long wait with import charges.

grimlyflick

No need to order from the US stringsdirect.co.uk or wdmusic.co.uk and there are a few dealers on ebay too in the UK.

Order imperial posts and you’re good to go. I have had Tonepros on various Les Pauls for the last 15 years, not sure about the claims regarding tone, sustain etc but for convenience they are great.
:salude

MikeBPhillipson

Thanks you for all the comments and suggestions.. just thought i'd post an update..

Picked up the Tunepros 'Imperial' Tune-o-matic bridge and tail piece set from WD Music.. who actually delivered it the following day, so great service, and swapped out the bridge..

No probs at all, i set the saddle positions to roughly the same position as the old ones and then adjusted intonation which was very easy to do to get it spot on... I didn't use the new tail piece as I wanted to set the guitar up with top wrapped strings, so decided to use the existing tail piece and keep the (new and shiny) Tunepros one in case I want to revert back to standard setup at a later date..

Anyway thanks again for all the advice.. and here is a pic of the completed upgrade..

50220409268_9a29f51be9_z.jpg