• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Repo Black Reflector Knobs w/Gold Inserts?

Frost

Hi there,

I just bought another Re-issue ES-355 and I'd like to set it up as a 1960s model. That said, I need to get a set of black reflector knobs with the gold insert for "Volume" and "Tone". All the reproduction ones on the market that I have seen have the fake "spun" gold rather than the "shiny" not-super gold of the originals with thing writing. I have a set of gold with silver inserts Montreux Time Machines on my other re-issue ES-355 but it doesn't look like they sell the Black & Gold. Does anyone have a lead on a source? My pots are CTS for the knurled part.

Thanks,

Heiko

VamboRool

You could always get the one without the reflectors and make it an early 1960 model.

Frost

You could always get the one without the reflectors and make it an early 1960 model.

That's true but the pickguard, which is harder to replace, is a short, post 1961 looking one unfortunately. Thanks though!

Heiko

Grog

I found a set of aftermarket gold top hat knobs with the shiny gold inserts a few years back on eBay. You might be able to swap the inserts if you can’t find them in black.