• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Vox amps, built by mums

Cliff Gress

fBNG6ud.jpg

Bob Womack

Looks like they've added a platform to give the near lady a little more vertical reach.

Bob

TM1

I was lucky enough to help Jim Elyes with his incredible book: “Vox Amps- The JMI Years” and I saw a lot of photos. Basically the process was JMI had 3 different chassis builders/companies. Most of those workers were women. As well they two or three cabinet builders. Everything would be trucked to Dartford and assembled by these women, tested and boxed then shipped to various music shops. The serial number plate on the back was the last thing to go on. That plate is the actual serial number! The number stamped on the chassis was actually an inventory number as around late ‘62/early ‘63 there was some in-house missing amp chassis so chassis started receiving numbers.
anyway, in most companies who build guitar amps, etc. I think you’ll find that most of the work is done by women.

thin sissy

Very cool picture, thanks for sharing! :salude

VOX amps pair so well with Les Pauls.

Sol

What a great historic photo, sonic perfection in the making

goldtop0

Yes there are pics of the Fender assembly shop with the ladies to the fore.
Those gals might have worked in the British war effort in the '40s..........dab hands at assembly work.