• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tell me more: New LPC

garga

Hi all, i have been out of the gibson scene for a very long while, had a LPC silverburst 10 years ago but i sold it.

I have always been itching to buy another LPC ever since and finally i chanced upon a brand new LPC in green flamed maple on a europe dealer site.

When i looked at the website, it seems like they are only producing LPCs in ebony and white. Can anyone tell me more about LPCs in different finishes? Are they 1 off builds?

Im not sure if i can post the link to the dealer here. If i can, pls let me know

thanks

Anaconda LPC.jpg

Tommy Tourbus

You occasionally see them in small runs of other colors besides black and white. IMO stick with a Historic model if you can. I may be mistaken but I believe the non-Historic model Customs are being made with short neck tenons, and will of course not feature the hide glue construction and non-sheathed truss rods, if that matters to you

Cav

I think they are limited run colours.

I have a Silverburst Custom which is named Vintage Silverburst and it’s part of a limited run. It’s more greenish than the classic silverburst.

jdm66

You occasionally see them in small runs of other colors besides black and white. IMO stick with a Historic model if you can. I may be mistaken but I believe the non-Historic model Customs are being made with short neck tenons, and will of course not feature the hide glue construction and non-sheathed truss rods, if that matters to you

All customs now have the long neck tennon. It doesn't have hide glue, only historics get hide glue. Everything coming out of the custom shop has a long tenon. It makes perfect sense from a production standpoint.You don't have to dedicate machinery and labour for a short tenon run. Standardizing = cost savings.

El Gringo

Also one bugaboo for me is to be on the look out and not get a weight relieved model .

axeman565758

Also, both guitars are built in the Custom Shop, but the Historic '57 Custom has the long neck tenon, non-weight relieved body and a period correct mahogany top.

The regular Custom Shop Les Paul Custom has a short tenon, a weight relieved body and maple top. Pick ups are different as well

jdm66

Also, both guitars are built in the Custom Shop, but the Historic '57 Custom has the long neck tenon, non-weight relieved body and a period correct mahogany top.

The regular Custom Shop Les Paul Custom has a short tenon, a weight relieved body and maple top. Pick ups are different as well

The regular Custom shop Les Paul Custom now has the long tenon. Go to Gibson's website everything coming out of the custom shop has the long tenon. The Custom I just bought has weight relief, but has the long tenon.

axeman565758

The regular Custom shop Les Paul Custom now has the long tenon. Go to Gibson's website everything coming out of the custom shop has the long tenon. The Custom I just bought has weight relief, but has the long tenon.

oops..I didn't know that changed. I sit corrected!!