• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Effects Pedal Loop Switcher

herb

Thinking about purchasing an effects loop switcher. All I want is something to bypass my effects while I am playing straight from guitar to amp so my signal chain doesn't get all bogged down. It would be nice to have separate sends and returns. I think 4-5 sets will do. Plus a separate send-return for tuner. I don't need a programable board; like I said just something to bypass all of that stuff while it's not being used. Something simple.

What are you using? Any suggestions?

herb

Loop-Master. Funny. That's why I'm asking about this today.

I had commissioned Brian Price - Loop Master Pedals - to build me a bypass loop switch. We exchanged e-mails for over a year. I kept getting excuse after excuse from that guy. "It's in the que and you should see it soon" "I'm sick right now" "I lost my helper" "Yours is next in line to be built". I wasn't pressed so I didn't really press the issue but I had almost $600 in a pedal with George L connectors and wire into it. Not expecting to ever see anything I finally asked for a refund. To my surprise I got it immediately, with an apology. Although I wish Mr Price well and better luck in the future concerning his business, I will never deal with him again.

I'll look into the Gigrig pedals. Also looking at Road Rage up I Canada and there's a shop out of California that sells some simplistic switches. Please, just somebody that'll ship out my order.

LeonC

Loop-Master. Funny. That's why I'm asking about this today.

I had commissioned Brian Price - Loop Master Pedals - to build me a bypass loop switch. We exchanged e-mails for over a year. I kept getting excuse after excuse from that guy. "It's in the que and you should see it soon" "I'm sick right now" "I lost my helper" "Yours is next in line to be built". I wasn't pressed so I didn't really press the issue but I had almost $600 in a pedal with George L connectors and wire into it. Not expecting to ever see anything I finally asked for a refund. To my surprise I got it immediately, with an apology. Although I wish Mr Price well and better luck in the future concerning his business, I will never deal with him again.

I'll look into the Gigrig pedals. Also looking at Road Rage up I Canada and there's a shop out of California that sells some simplistic switches. Please, just somebody that'll ship out my order.

Well that sure sucks! Of course, when i brought mine, many years ago, it was nothing like that. i recall no problems whatsoever...but it sounds like things have changed.

herb

Well that sure sucks! Of course, when i brought mine, many years ago, it was nothing like that. i recall no problems whatsoever...but it sounds like things have changed.

After I ordered my pedal from Loop Masters I found that this has been a problem with that business for quite a while. Should have done my research BEFORE making the order. Lesson learned (I hope).