• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Songbirds closing it's doors

Ace139

That sucks!! It was on my list of things to do next year. We are moving much closer and was really looking forward to seeing the place

darkwave

This is really sad to hear - it is a very unique thing that I am glad to have had the chance to see in person a couple years ago. I was on a trip to Atlanta for a professional conference and I extended my stay by a day to rent a car and take a side trip there on my own. What a unique collection! Such a deep dive with very significant guitars to view and personal attention as you walked through the collection.

Really sad to see this go away...

- Douglas C.

Grog

What a bummer...... We went to Chattanooga a couple years ago specifically to see Songbirds Museum. It was well worth the trip. I was planning on going again as they changed the Vault area several times a year. Covid-19 has negatively effected another fine establishment.

DoubleBoogie

I wonder if there is any chance for a comeback in the future? :hmm Very sad for sure!

Aloha_Ark

Sad news for their employees, as well as those who were fans of the place.

Keep us up to date on possible auctions from their collection of vintage instruments.

This is one of the last walkthroughs of the museum.

It would have been great if they allowed Rhett to play one of the Exporers, but alas, the tour was short.

Last edited:

corpse

AFAIK the guitars all belong to owners- Songbirds was just a custodian. Most or all went through David Davidson’s old shop and he asked folks if they would allow him to display them in a museum setting. Don’t expect a sale.