• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Saddle finish rubbing off

soniccj7

Noticed my finish was rubbing off my saddle.

saddleLP2019.jpg

This is a 2019 60' Standard.

I take it as a sign that I am using my guitar for what it was made for :dude:.

Ed

EDIT: Uploaded photo

Last edited:

El Gringo

Pretty normal , as the nickel/chrome plating wears off and you get what you have underneath it . I have some like that as well ( on my tailpiece on my 2014 R9 )

reviewcart

I had a similar issue where it was sqeaking out of saddle. I tried everything with the pedals and cleats and nothing helped. I was able to isolate it to it only happening when I was pedaling with my left leg out of saddle (I even unclipped my right foot, it was very scientific).

What I ended up having to do to fix was tightening the bolts in the base of the rear stand. The bolts underneath, especially the left one, were loose. You'll need someone to help hold it while it's on its side so you can tighten the bolts in the base. Or perhaps you can remove the screen and put the bike on it's side if you don't have someone to help.

While I had it on the side, I checked the bolts in the front too and they were a little loose so tightened there as well.