The Fender Forum
LPF Facebook Page
LPF Instagram Page
NEW Merchandise!
Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Please Make a Donation to the Les Paul Forum to Keep it Going!

Dagnall Output Transformers: DEC-2668G vs DEC-2723J (Marshall Silver Jubilee)

Hi there,

I'm very new to this forum but if I may have 2 questions about output transformers:

#1. How do they compare or is there a difference between 2 Dagnall OTs with the same serial numbers but different letters on them? For example: DE C2668-A vs DEC-2668G vs DEC-2668.

#2. I've recently bought a Marshall Black Jubilee - "SEM / SEMKO / Swedish or Scandinavian" version. The standard 100W Jubilees have Dagnall DEC-2668G OTs in them but this one came with a DEC-2723J OT which has 2 taps only: 4 & 8 Ohm. Anyone has any info on this transformer? I've tried to google it but zero results.

Many thanks, in advance, for all your help!

Re: Dagnall Output Transformers: DEC-2668G vs DEC-2723J (Marshall Silver Jubilee)

They're all 2668 transformers. No difference in specs or performance. The 2 x tap SJ transformer sounds like a made for UK/Canada version. Is it a "lay-down" style? These are held in very high regard.

Re: Dagnall Output Transformers: DEC-2668G vs DEC-2723J (Marshall Silver Jubilee)

Thank you for the reply! It does feel and sound great to me. It's not lay-down style. I have a JCM800 from 1984. It looks practically identical to the one in that one. Except it has 2 taps and not 3. (The power transformer is lay-down though.)