• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Dagnall Output Transformers: DEC-2668G vs DEC-2723J (Marshall Silver Jubilee)

Tibor Marton

Hi there,

I'm very new to this forum but if I may have 2 questions about output transformers:

#1. How do they compare or is there a difference between 2 Dagnall OTs with the same serial numbers but different letters on them? For example: DE C2668-A vs DEC-2668G vs DEC-2668.

#2. I've recently bought a Marshall Black Jubilee - "SEM / SEMKO / Swedish or Scandinavian" version. The standard 100W Jubilees have Dagnall DEC-2668G OTs in them but this one came with a DEC-2723J OT which has 2 taps only: 4 & 8 Ohm. Anyone has any info on this transformer? I've tried to google it but zero results.

Many thanks, in advance, for all your help!

MacFangus

They're all 2668 transformers. No difference in specs or performance. The 2 x tap SJ transformer sounds like a made for UK/Canada version. Is it a "lay-down" style? These are held in very high regard.

Tibor Marton

Thank you for the reply! It does feel and sound great to me. It's not lay-down style. I have a JCM800 from 1984. It looks practically identical to the one in that one. Except it has 2 taps and not 3. (The power transformer is lay-down though.)