• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Help me decide... USA standard Les Paul (60's) vs Heritage H-150

jacksdavim

Hi all,

This is my first post here so please bear with me...

I've been wanting a LP since I was a kid, and I always pictured myself getting a genuine USA LP standard (tobacco or bourbon burst) some day. I am now in the position to finally pull the trigger but I've been distracted by all the great reviews of Heritage guitars... specifically the H-150 as well as some of the bad press gibson has gotten over the last few years. I am now debating between a gibson LP standard and an H-150. From what I've read, the H-150 holds up well against gibson custom shop LPs, but I haven't found too much comparing them to a standard. Since both the LP standard and the H-150 can be had for $2500, I'm really choosing between these two models. Unfortunately, there are no Heritage guitars that I can try out locally, so I'm looking for input from the experts (you guys)

Has anyone here owned both? How does the Heritage compare? Seymour Duncan 59s vs burstbuckers? Is an H-150 really comparable to a custom shop gibson at a third of the price? If you had $2500 to spend on your first les paul, what would you buy?

Thanks for your input

fakejake

... If you had $2500 to spend on your first les paul, what would you buy?

Thanks for your input

With that money, I would probably look for a used historic (custom shop) Gibson.
Heritage might be great guitars, but personally, I'd always be bothered by that headstock.

johnreardon

Hi all,

This is my first post here so please bear with me...

I....
Has anyone here owned both? How does the Heritage compare? Seymour Duncan 59s vs burstbuckers? Is an H-150 really comparable to a custom shop gibson at a third of the price? If you had $2500 to spend on your first les paul, what would you buy?

Thanks for your input

I would buy the guitar that sounded the best in my hands, regardless of make.

Having said that if I had been wanting a Les Paul since I was a kid, then I would buy a guitar that had 'Gibson' on the headstock. I have owned an Heritage guitar in the past. It was one of their semi hollow body guitars. It was well made and sounded ok, but, for me, it was never as good as my Gibsons. It's all down to personal choice.

vlivecch

I just recently visited Sweeter in Indiana. I was helped by a salesman by the name of Matt... He was excellent and spent an hour or more with me.. I played several LPs and he’s a lefty and is able to play a right handed guitar upside down.. Very impressive... I played a classic and he was able to find me a 2020 in Ice Tea Burst... The guitar is awesome and sounds kick a$$... It was a Demo, but is very clean and it is now mine... Very happy And thanks Matt!

F49523D6-E03A-4AA2-9BE1-15FD3145780C.jpg

RDL

I recently purchased a 2019 Les Paul Standard 60’s. I love it.

Just bought This years one. Love it to bits.

I would only add about makes, If youve always wanted the Gibson the Heritage Is a distraction. If The name doesnt matter then play both and choose.

El Gringo

I just recently visited Sweeter in Indiana. I was helped by a salesman by the name of Matt... He was excellent and spent an hour or more with me.. I played several LPs and he’s a lefty and is able to play a right handed guitar upside down.. Very impressive... I played a classic and he was able to find me a 2020 in Ice Tea Burst... The guitar is awesome and sounds kick a$$... It was a Demo, but is very clean and it is now mine... Very happy And thanks Matt!

View attachment 11858

Congrats on your new guitar . She is a beauty , play her and enjoy her .