• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Voodoo Pickups

oceantoad

Not sure if this is the right forum for this thread if not please move.
I havn't seen VooDoo pickups mentioned here very much and I wanted to hear other peoples experiences and comments.

y

Last edited:

Johnny Q

I'm not sure if older threads get pruned on this forum, but back around 2005 (maybe earlier) they were all the rage here. In particular the Voodoo 59s. Peter was a great guy and we lost him too soon - RIP.

I had the Voodoo 59s in my R9 and they were great. Like many, I chased my tail looking for that holy grail tone and replaced the pickups in that guitar multiple times. I should have just left them in.

Desertdawg

I've had a set of VooDoo 59's in my R9 since I bought them from Peter in 2005. I did order them with the covers but they arrived without. Oh, well. I kind of liked the look of them anyway.

About a year later when I was ordering a different set of pickups from him for another guitar I mentioned the missing covers. "Oh," he says. "They've been sitting on the bench here for about a year as I forgot to put them in the box but I didn't remember who mistakenly got the uncovered set. Glad you called!"

They're still in the box.

:salude