• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

CLARK PIEDMONT

EXPLRGAB

GENTS,

After speaking to Mr Clark...who answered the phone...that was shocking....in short order....I am ordering Clark Piedmont..THE CLARK BASSMAN.....with reverb and attenuator...with 2 x 12 " alnico. have Mesa Boogie I bought new, a long time ago...if i ever get it out of the shop....also a Fender Custom Vibrolux..which i hated until i got the moyer mod..now i dig it alot...supposedly turns the circuit into a Vibroverb. Interestingly, i bought the Vibrolux on a foray to NYC ( I am from BROOKLYN) in FEB time frame oh 7-8 years ago..at Matt Uminov's..a couple of Martins purchased there going back to 1977....in the village...the amp was listed for $600.00....yeah right..caught my attention too....turns out it was the end of a run along with a lot of other end of run guitars etc...asked the Manager..he said yes it costs us more to send it back in shipping..so we put it out for our customers at cost....sort of a benefit to our customers...I played the amp with a strat..manager says...you are a better than I thought you would be..ha ha ....I said i will take the amp..he says..you know we had two of them left..this was on a FRI..he said there were two of them...Carlos Santana was in on Tues..he bought the other one. TRUE STORY..i hope he got the MOYER MOD..Anyway, any practical feedback is appreciated concerning the CLARK PIEDMONT....6L6...does a bassman take 6v6 ? 2 x 12 vs 4 X 10..Mr Clark recommended 2 X 12" ...volume for clubs is the issue..some are outside here in Southern Florida some inside...well that is enough for a 1st post..besides we have an on coming CAT 1 HURRICANE inbound overnite into tomorrow.

renderit

You ain't going wrong there.

Best Bassman made IMO.

I have the 'standard' version.

Instead of attenuation the sounds it makes at lower volume are the most beautiful you could imagine.

Which stands to reason as that's what it was designed for and the way ALL tube amps were originally designed.

Higher power so you could get good volume before breakup.

But when you hit the breakup.....

OH MY!

35686014194_572784324d_4k.jpg

35686052294_75a0e72f19_4k.jpg

36474612056_81d186318b_4k.jpg

EXPLRGAB

renderit....In my research......I scoured a lot of sources..as happened previously with the WILDWOOD LP... I ran down several rabbit holes...and found your take and others on the excellence of Clark Rigs....so thanks again for your input.....it's a best in class historic beauty by all accounts.

renderit

renderit....In my research......I scoured a lot of sources..as happened previously with the WILDWOOD LP... I ran down several rabbit holes...and found your take and others on the excellence of Clark Rigs....so thanks again for your input.....it's a best in class historic beauty by all accounts.

And others on this site pointed me to Clark, so we both have the Les Paul Forum to be thankful for.

Texas Blues

Congratulations on the Piedmont.

I coveted one for a long time but realized it was too much amp for what i do.

Glad to hear also you got to speak to Mr. Clark directly and that he is still putting out product.

Money well spent!

EXPLRGAB

The required deposit went out in today's mail..........Mr CLARK....said...he has to wait on his cabinet maker due to covid...completed amp should be ready for shipment...mid-September.....He expects to get busy soon...so I feel fortunate to sort of gotten in under the wire...before a longer wait...GOD WILLING AND THE CREEK DON'T RISE.