• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Model confusion....2012 Studio

Scottz

This summer I purchased my first Les Paul, a 2012 black satin finished studio. When I google that, I get conflicting results. Some links say it came with a baked maple fretboard, others say a grenadillo fretboard. Mine looks like rosewood. I've seen several different pickup models listed (mine have ben replaced with Bareknuckles). I also have an SGJ, the paint on my LP is much thicker than the SGJ paint.

I've emailed the serial.number to Gibson to see if they can help clear up what I have. I was wondering if anyone here might have some insight.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200628_104316~(1)~(1).jpg
    20200628_104316~(1)~(1).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Scottz

I did some digging through the Wayback machine website looking at Gibsons website from 2012. The satin model is a washed out finish. They did list a Les Paul Studio Mahogany Exclusive for that year with the same thicker finish as mine. Fretboard is listed as baked maple, and it looked as dark as mine. Pickups were listed as 490R/498T. This model had a carved mahogony top, I would need to pull some pickups to be sure.