• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1956 Gibson Amp and a 2019 "1956"

GuitarDean

1956 GT 1956 GA-6.jpg My 1956 Gibson GA-6 Amp, and my 2019 "1956" Model Goldtop. A Happy Family:yah

AA00475Bassman

Nice Amp & Gold top , My 57 GA 9 .
3M7ppul.jpg
[/IMG]

MapleFlame

I have the same amp, and the 55 version too. Poor man's Deluxe. So underrated and sound great. Nice Axe too.

GuitarDean

Welp the amp needs major love. Beyond my skill set. So I need to find someone to do the fix up / restore to full play-:hankability.

MapleFlame

Welp the amp needs major love. Beyond my skill set. So I need to find someone to do the fix up / restore to full play-:hankability.

They are not hard at all to fix, just go on YouTube, will teach you everything you need to learn. The filter caps are the main replacements that have to happen if they haven't already. Parts are very cheap. Any help you need, don't hesitate to email.

GuitarDean

I getcha Maple, but even though I have a well supplied workshop, I simply do not have the time, or energy to be honest, to take on this job.

Can anyone recommend a great repair shop for this restore? I tried Kendricks in Texas but I guess they closed, all my emails to them have come back in the dead email address file.

Thanks in advance...:yah