• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Stephen stills LP in manassas

shaneenholm

7DBF5327-B0E5-4F30-9383-239ADE06C61D.jpg7DBF5327-B0E5-4F30-9383-239ADE06C61D.jpgDoes anyone know what this guitar is he is playing in manassas it looks like a refinish maybe....

Bob Womack

Waddy Wachtel got his burst from Stephen and say it was Stephen's Manassass guitar. Might take a peek at it.

earlywwburstcombopic.jpg

Bob

gmann

Waddy did get a Burst fm Stills but the one Waddy got has a B-5 Bigsby while the one Stills had in Manassas is a B-7. Much different in colour as well.

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Waddy tells the story that Stills let him pick from several Bursts, and that the one he got, and has played throughout his career, was the best one (in his opinion)

The one in the Manassas pic is a different one, as pointed out by gmann. It's hard to tell from the pic, but that could possibly be the original, unfaded finish. Stills bought guitars like a fiend--same as I would have, if I'd had those giant royalty checks burning a hole in my pocket!

zakary85

Waddy did get a Burst from Stills, albeit the one Waddy received is equipped with a B-5 Bigsby rather than the B-7 Bigsby that Stills used in Manassas. Moreover, the coloration is rather dissimilar.

TM1

Back in that time period, Bursts were $1500. Stephen had FU money back then…