• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NVGD: 1962 Les Paul

cincyguitar

Thanks to Macg1 for those mouth-watering pics.....kick myself for not getting an Sg/LesPaul when they were low-priced :##.....:##:hank

crashbelt

The sideways vibrola is a POS so I wouldn't restore the original internal mechanism unless you like tuning problems and a too shallow break angle:dang.

The Mojoaxe Vibrostop cures all that while preserving the cool appearance. I presume you have one, as the sideways is pictured in a Vibrostop bag? Its a non-invasive improvement as it can be easily reversed if you want.

I made the change to my 61 and it made a serious improvement.

JPP-1

Congrats on the sweet 1962 SGLP.

I enjoy the sideways vibrola on my 1962 SGLP, it stays in tune just fine and really enhances that Tele on steroids tone. Every guitar is unique, if yours plays well and sounds good, I would leave it stock. Salute!

macg1

Yeah for now I am keeping the arm off. I am loving this guitar for sure! I am even going to keep the original frets for now. I usually always refret my guitars but the frets are still in good shape.

macg1

Thanks all. I just noticed something since I got this guitar, that I have not even looked at Reverb or other sites for other vintage guitars. I may have come to a halt... I know I know famous last words... :D