• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RIP Peter Green

TM1

I posted this in the Backstage area.. passed in his sleep. Only 73šŸ˜²

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
As if this year couldn't get any worse.

My dad died on Wednesday. 2020 has been a horrible year. Peter was a gift, who's talent stood the test of time. Tjere are some guitar heros, that don't hold up well for me, but PG was the whole package. Sadly, not as appreciated as he deserved.

Midnight Blues

Very, very sad. Without question, one of the best.

R.I.P. Peter and thank you for all the great music you made.

Just a couple of my many favorites:

I know many will disagree with me, or may not even like what I'm about to type, but just as Jeff Beck is my favorite guitarist to come out of the Yardbirds, Peter Green was my favorite guitarist to come out of John Mayall & The Blues Breakers.

frown.gif

Last edited:

goldtop0

He was a commanding force of a player.......sublimely subtle and powerful with rich vocals.........such a legacy he left for us.
Jumping At Shadows, Lookin' For Somebody and Stop Messin' Round spring to mind.

GastonG

petergreen_bbking.jpg

B.B. King once said Green ā€œhas the sweetest tone I ever heard. He was the only one who gave me the cold sweats.ā€

R.I.P. Peter and your great music will live on !