• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Peter Green has passed on.

Midnight Blues

It's a very sad day for sure and without question, he was one of the best.

R.I.P. Peter and thank you for all the great music you made.

Just a couple of my many favorites:

I know many will disagree with me, or may not even like what I'm about to type, but just as Jeff Beck is my favorite guitarist to come out of the Yardbirds, Peter Green was my favorite guitarist to come out of John Mayall & The Blues Breakers.

frown.gif

Last edited:

Drayve85

It's a very sad day for sure and without question, he was one of the best.

R.I.P. Peter and thank you for all the great music you made.

Just a couple of my many favorites:

I know many will disagree with me, or may not even like what I'm about to type, but just as Jeff Beck is my favorite guitarist to come out of the Yardbirds, Peter Green was my favorite guitarist to come out of John Mayall & The Blues Breakers.

frown.gif
I get what you’re saying, and pretty much agree. EC had the technique, PG had the soul, baby!:yah

jrgtr42

Not many other, relatively obscure (everyone, even non-musicians know Clapton, Led Zepp, Hendrix, etc, but for most people, if you mention Peter Green, they say, who?) guitarists will get 3 (so far...) threads on LPF about their passing.
A troubled soul, exacerbated by non-prescriptive meds.
There's been some great tributes posted on social media about him.
May he Rest in Peace.

ONEHERO

So his guitar is the one with Kirk Hammett? Just assuming as it’s called Greenie...:hmm