• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Help with LP Special bridge pup location measurements.

buyusfear

Could anyone be so kind and help me out with the measurement of the bridge pickup Location on a vintage LP Special, and how far away from the fingerboard it is?
Or how far away it is from the neck pickup?

I’m scratching my head here comparing a ‘56 Junior Pup distance, and a ‘59 DC Jr pup distance, and want to confirm what I think might be the case.

Thanks!

hogy

Could anyone be so kind and help me out with the measurement of the bridge pickup Location on a vintage LP Special, and how far away from the fingerboard it is?
Or how far away it is from the neck pickup?

I’m scratching my head here comparing a ‘56 Junior Pup distance, and a ‘59 DC Jr pup distance, and want to confirm what I think might be the case.

Thanks!

The '59 Junior's bridge pickup is gonna be further away from the bridge than the '56's, if that's what you're getting at.

buyusfear

The '59 Junior's bridge pickup is gonna be further away from the bridge than the '56's, if that's what you're getting at.

That’s what I have, but is a Special the same as the ‘56 or more like the DC jr?
Or did the bridge pup location shift through the years?

renderit

I think I have read here that they were different between years (but it may just be the Juniors).

If I get the chance tomorrow I will measure my 58 Special and post it for you.

36424488716_6c314f5eda_3k.jpg