• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1960 Gibson ES-335 (Blonde) with a floating ground lead

GotTheSilver

No, just call attention to the fact that it's a 335 with parallelograms. Surely they must know that people would have questions. Just looking at it I'm thinking 345 without a varitone.

Good point. I think that is just CME's style of writing. As for whether it should be called a 335 with split parallelograms or a 345 without a varitone, that is a good question. That is always a question with these in between guitars. It has single ply binding like a 335 and lack of varitone is like a 335. The only 345 feature is the inlays. Plus, the ledger lists it as a 335, so I guess that is that! :hee

Minibucker

Good point. I think that is just CME's style of writing. As for whether it should be called a 335 with split parallelograms or a 345 without a varitone, that is a good question. That is always a question with these in between guitars. It has single ply binding like a 335 and lack of varitone is like a 335. The only 345 feature is the inlays. Plus, the ledger lists it as a 335, so I guess that is that! :hee
Yeah I was about to say because of the binding, I'd lean towards a 335 with custom inlays. Love the look.

gmann

I wonder what the label inside the F hole says, more than likely it says 335 like the ledger.

brandtkronholm

The ledger lists it as a ES335TD N [Serial # 34818].

pa8xnrh10h1kx53iedm3.jpg

ourmaninthenorth

Pretty much settles it

Depends what you think it pretty much settles though Friend.

The 335 ledger entry isn't new - having appeared in CME's original ad, the single binding is not 345, but the fretboard inlays are. I'd wager the label is as per ledger.

As to casting any implied aspersions against CME's listing - not from me. I would imagine they didn't think the obvious really needed pointing out in their description, because the anomaly is obvious.

Hence my earlier question - can anyone point me in the direction of another 1960 Blonde 335 with 345 inlays from the factory?

Or is this merely to be accepted as another one of those Gibson one off special things that pops up from time to time, with zero explanation other than the fact that nobody really knows?

A rather impertinent question - how does the current price of a 1960 Blonde Dot stack up against the asking price of this rather exotic conglomeration?