• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Gibson Les Paul Custom - neck joint pics

HockeyGittar

Hi all - I'm new to the forum but long time Gibson player. I recently purchased a new Gibson LP Custom in Alpine White from my local dealer. This is a 2017 LPC that they still had in stock. It came with new warranty, etc. What are your thoughts on these cracks and the visible seam around the neck joint pocket? Should I be bothered by this or let it go? My lineup includes to other Gibsons at the moment - an LP Studio (early 00's) and a '17 Explorer. No issues like this whatesover on both of those guitars. Although I can see the seam through the nitro where the neck meets the body, but it is more pronounced/visible with the Les Paul Custom. There appears to be a lot of experienced Gibson players and fans on here, so I wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6096.jpg
    IMG_6096.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_6095.jpg
    IMG_6095.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 147

Tommy Tourbus

it's probably just minor finish checking which is normal on Gibsons. For your peace of mind you could take it in to a luthier and have them confirm that's all that's going on and isn't anything serious

HockeyGittar

it's probably just minor finish checking which is normal on Gibsons. For your peace of mind you could take it in to a luthier and have them confirm that's all that's going on and isn't anything serious

Good idea. I may take it in our discuss with the dealer. Do you have any finish checking on your nitro finish gibsons? Or did you have it when brand new?

J.D.

This is very typical and nothing to be concerned with whatsoever, IMHO.

Texas Blues

I wouldn't worry about it.

Also consider this.

A new in 2017 Les Paul sitting around for 3 years is no longer new.

Its a used guitar.

I would bet many people have played it.

El Gringo

At first I couldn't see it and then I found what you were referring to and to my eyes it looks normal and nothing structure wise wrong and dare I say almost normal , as you can almost always finds stuff like this , which of course will most likely not affect playability .

El Gringo

especially that color...that's gonna show every dang "imperfection" ....one's that you may never notice or care about on darker finished guitar

The thing was the first time I looked I couldn't see it , then I re looked and seen it .