• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What’s a great song to play when demo-ing your newly set up guitar

bluesroom

When demo- ing a guitar you just had set up, what do you play to maintain some rock star status? Lol .,,,You know, without having a spinal tap moment hahahah

briankelleher

I have a surefire trick for this or any other situation where I'm handed a guitar and expected to play something off the cuff.

What I do is completely empty all music from my mind, and then play a few open chords, followed by maybe one three or four note blues phrase that goes nowhere.

Try it sometime, it's awesome.

Texas Blues

I'd play.

One of my chart toppin' hits.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VOm9-ZYUtlc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
When demo- ing a guitar you just had set up, what do you play to maintain some rock star status? Lol .,,,You know, without having a spinal tap moment hahahah

(It only becomes Spinal Tap when you play the solo with a violin. :hee )

ourmaninthenorth

The theme in this....I pressure test everything with it, amps, pedals, strings...wives....

I consider this piece of music a personal treasure, never tire of it.

brandtkronholm

I play an A chord...followed by a bit of this: :spabout

I try and finish with this:

Seriously...I'll play an A chord to see if it's in tune. Once in tune, the guitar tells me what to play. If it doesn't tell me anything, then it's not the guitar for me.

Dave P

Probably some tasteless shredding, to get a feel how well it plays when flooring it. :hee

J.D.

I'd play.

One of my chart toppin' hits.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VOm9-ZYUtlc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

TB,are you the Unknown Hinson?

jrgtr42

Ever listen to Rush's 2112, the Discovery section, as the person first finds the guitar? halting, out of tune? yeah. That's me.

VamboRool

I play an A chord...followed by a bit of this: :spabout

I try and finish with this:

Seriously...I'll play an A chord to see if it's in tune. Once in tune, the guitar tells me what to play. If it doesn't tell me anything, then it's not the guitar for me.

Wonder what the suicide rate is for employees there.

somebodyelseuk

I have three tunes for demoing guitars in shops, designed to piss off the blues/rock snobs present in the store and amuse their girlfriends.
Remember You're A Womble
Hit Me Baby One More Time
My Dingaling.
Nothing funnier than the looks on their faces when they comment that they like it, ask what it is, and I sing the chorus.

SpencerD

Honey Bee

Tom Petty

It isn't a great song to demo ..... it's the best.

Every guitar.

Every time.

:dude::yah