• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My New Tiger

jalevinemd

Here is my new Jerry Garcia Tiger replica. First picture is next to the Wolf I had built by the same luthier last year. The craftsmanship on these instruments is mind boggling.

LCDnMEl.jpg

TEkBoIf.jpg

jalevinemd

Thanks guys...I realize they're not the style of build usually posted. But I've always loved Jerry's guitars. :peace2

jrgtr42

Really nice work. I definitely dig those Doug IRwin guitars (and GOOD replicas thereof)
Don't know that I'd personally want a replica of a guitar so specifically identified with a specific player, but that's just me...
I definitely wouldn't turn down playing them for a while, though. :)

jalevinemd

Very cool! How do they play and sound?:salude

They play and sound great. With its purpleheart core and maple top/back, the Wolf is obviously the brighter of the two. Even though the Tiger has a maple core, it's got a much warmer overall tone. I attribute this to the chambered wings and the black cocobolo top/back. As for the necks, the Wolf is quite slim. It's like a slightly more narrowed 60's SG. Extremely comfortable to play, especially since I don't have huge hands. The Tiger has a fuller neck that reminds me a lot of several 70's BC Rich's that I used to have. With the pickup configurations and coil taps on both, the tone possibilities are endless. They both have OBEL's but I don't use them.

When standing with a strap, the Wolf tends to lie with the neck a little further to the left than I like. The Tiger sits perfectly, though the 10 lb 10 oz weight may prohibit me form playing one of hour typical 3-4 hour gigs with. But we'll see. :peace2

El Gringo

Here is my new Jerry Garcia Tiger replica. First picture is next to the Wolf I had built by the same luthier last year. The craftsmanship on these instruments is mind boggling.

LCDnMEl.jpg

TEkBoIf.jpg

Please can you re post these photos as J Pegs as I cant see the ones you posted and really love Jerry .

akstrat61

They sure do look rightous. I was wondering about the weight, but afraid to ask. LOL In any event, very cool pieces, play them in good health. :dude:

jalevinemd

Please can you re post these photos as J Pegs as I cant see the ones you posted and really love Jerry .

Sure. I just need to figure out how to do that. Otherwise, Just PM me your email address and I'll send you a few pics of both. :peace2

jalevinemd

Did Philtone build these?

The only Tiger replica I've seen from Phil Jacoby had nowhere near the amount of detailed wood or metal work that these guitars have. These were both done by an amateur luthier named Bob Fishman whom I met through a Grateful dead Forum; www.rukind.com. :peace2