• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1969 Gibson abr1 with replacement saddles..

garywright

I actually bought this bridge ..the seller gave me a great deal beings the saddles weren’t original ..still wondering what they are ..not magnetic, so I guessing they’re nickel plated over brass ..shape is weird

Cream Fan

I have never seen bridge saddles with that much of a flat edge on top. Nickel-plated brass would be fine, but you might want to take a bit of sand paper to the side of one of the saddles (don't sand the bottom!) and see if any brass shows through. It could be nickel-plated zinc, which in my opinion sounds like crap. If that turns out to be the case, replacement saddles are easy.

Minibucker

One of the saddle screws also doesn't look like the others. Maybe two, actually.

garywright

Thanks guys ..was just wondering if anyone had seen such a thing ..I don’t really need to use this now and got it for way below what it shows ..so not much invested and the important thing is that the body is straight ..I didn’t what to lay into one with a file before asking..good eye,one of the screws has been swapped as well as the saddles