• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson case isse (Possible fix?)

TheRover8

Hey, I have been lurking around in the forum for some months and finally decided to post something. I have a problem with my Gibson USA case. It seems that the middle strap has given in and now the case opens as shown in the pics below:

photo_2020-07-17_12-16-12.jpgphoto_2020-07-17_12-16-19.jpgphoto_2020-07-17_12-16-23.jpg

Has this happened to any of you? Any ideas/possible fixes?

jrgtr42

Hey, I have been lurking around in the forum for some months and finally decided to post something. I have a problem with my Gibson USA case. It seems that the middle strap has given in and now the case opens as shown in the pics below:

View attachment 11764View attachment 11765View attachment 11766

Has this happened to any of you? Any ideas/possible fixes?

The biggest problem is that lining. How many leopards gave themselves up for that thing??? :hee:hee

Seriously, as far as the strap goes, if you tug on it, looks like from the lid side, does it come out?
Guessing it came loose from inside, but not sure what holds it in.
It's not really a big deal - just have to remember and open the case all the way out.

El Gringo

I must be behind the times as I have never seen lining like that on a Gibson USA case . At first I was going to say that's not a Gibson case but then I seen the Gibson tag .

TheRover8

I must be behind the times as I have never seen lining like that on a Gibson USA case . At first I was going to say that's not a Gibson case but then I seen the Gibson tag .

It is from a 2009 Gibson Les Paul Jr Billie Joe Armstrong signature. The leopard lining was made exclusively for that junior.

Scott L

Thanks! I will take a look into this

I use a good amount of blue painter's tape over the fabric and get as close to edge where the strap needs to go back in.

If it is really loose I carefully remove the strap completely, then remove any old adhesive I can. I found Popsicle sticks effective in getting the glue in the slot and spread - cheap and easy. A small C clamp over a rag to keep pressure on it for a couple of hours and your done.

Musicman

From the other posters it seems it's glued. You could always staple it like they do on other cases.