• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Premier Reverb Unit. Anyone haere with one? Questions

TM1

I have a mid Sixties Premier Reverb unit. It has a weird sound that I know can't be normal. It has a sound like the springs are slightly shaking all the time. I've replaced both valves(6EU7 & 6AK6) re-capped(replaced) the electrolytics and replaced the power cable. I've also replaced a few of the regular signal path caps as they were the crappy old ceramic disc types..
Anyone have any idea why it sounds like it's acting like this?
Thanks!

MapleFlame

I have a mid Sixties Premier Reverb unit. It has a weird sound that I know can't be normal. It has a sound like the springs are slightly shaking all the time. I've replaced both valves(6EU7 & 6AK6) re-capped(replaced) the electrolytics and replaced the power cable. I've also replaced a few of the regular signal path caps as they were the crappy old ceramic disc types..
Anyone have any idea why it sounds like it's acting like this?
Thanks!

Do you have a picture of the springs and the box that houses them. Its possible that the springs have been over stretched. I've seen guys replace the spring portion of these. If there is a way you could connect one from a fender amp with gator wire clips just to negate whether it's the amp portion or spring box issue.