• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD/Family Pic (Vintage MIJ's AWAAAAYY!!)

greg-delta

Les Paul Froum Member
The 3-pickup in the center is the new baby. 1982 Greco EGC-57-60 (i think?). Brought from australia for a steal...there was evidently a neck repair but it must be one of the best ever, because there is no seam or any evidence whatsoever that I found.

Also has some cosmetic dings on the back, but the guitar is almost 40 years old, so I don't mind.

The pickups are actually pretty good, I may leave them stock, at least for a while. But the JB is such an amazing pickup (for me) in a les paul, I'm very temped to throw one in. As good as the stock pickups are, they're a bit "flabby"(?) and a touch underpowered for my style/liking. Very good PAF/vintagey sound, but I like a little more power and tightness like one would find in a Duncan C5 or JB

I was worried because it's a "57", that the neck would be huge, but actually it's really nice...not super shreddy thin, just a nice medium. Quite heavy guitar too..

Also, if anyone can figure out or tell me how these controls work, I'd appreciate it :laugh2:

It's flanked by my 1976 Greco and my 2015 Edwards, and an 06 trusty tele in the background that I've had since I was in my teens.

Last edited: