• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NEW MEMBER...1ST POST

EXPLRGAB

HELLO, GEORGE HERE, ORIGINALLY FROM BKLYN , NY.... LIVE IN FLA. INBOUND TODAY, FROM WILDWOOD (THANKS LANCE AND THE SHIPPING GUYS, EDD), EXPECTING FEDEX TO DELIVER A BRAND NEW WILDWOOD SPEC, LES PAUL STANDARD, GLOSS, BRAND SPANKING NEW PAUL BROWN, GIBSON CUSTOM SHOP 1958 HISTORIC LES PAUL WITH ROUNDED 60s STYLE V2 NECK PROFILE WITH WILDWOOD UNDERWOUND CUSTOM BUCKERS. GREG KOCH DEMOED THIS GUITAR ALONG WITH ANOTHER THAT WERE AMONG THE 5 GUITARS IN CONTENTION...THREE WERE 1960s; TWO WERE R8 WITH 60s NECKS....COSMETICS ASIDE FOR THE MOMENT....I ASKED LANCE...TO LISTEN AND PLAY EM ALL AND PICK OUT A WINNER. PLAY THEM ACOUSTICALLY..LOUD RINGING SUSTAIN...THIS GUITAR IS 8.42 LBS. I WAS SECRETLY PULLING FOR ONE OF THE TWO GUITARS GREG DEMOED...I COULD SEE HE WAS INSPIRED BY THESE GUITARS...AND IT SHOWED IN HIS PLAYING..THE SUSTAIN WAS VERY EVIDENT......I ALSO WATCHED MANY OTHER VIDEOS AND I REALIZED THAT THE GUITAR WAS A REALLY FINE SPECIMEN. I AM EXCITED, CURRENTLY HAVE A GROSH RETRO CLASSIC AND A LATE 70s D35. ONCE UPON A TIME, I OWNED BACK IN 71 A LES PAUL CUSTOM....IT''S A TERRIBLE STORY..I DO NOT HAVE IT ANY MORE..ALL I HAVE IS THE BLACK LEATHER STRAP THAT CAME WITH PAULS IN THOSE DAYS..I USE IT EXCLUSIVELY ON THE GROSH...DO THE NEW GUITARS COME WITH A QUALITY STRAP ?..ARE THERE ANY RECOMMENDED STRAPS..I WAS LOOKING AT THE MONTANA AND THE CLASSIC..GREAT TO BE HERE.

garywright

Welcome George..you’ll have to post a pic and lay off the CAPS :hank :dude:

Midnight Blues

wave.gif
George and :welcome to the LPF!

goldtop0

Welcome George........and all the best with your new LP:2cool

EXPLRGAB

Thankyou, just got back from an impromptu jam with a bandmate..the singer and the bass player....just hooked up locally to work up a sweat..THANKS BRIAN........the guitar is ridiculously good...I WILL SAY THAT THE R8 HAS THE PERIOD CORRECT FRETS.....SMALLER THAN JUMBO......But so far my vibrato is singing...it would be even more pronounced with jumbos..i may consider it much farther up the road but for now......it really has the goods...I went from 10s on the retro classic which i have used to good advantage to 9s on the Les Paul...QUITE A DIFFERENCE. it will take me awhile to get use to it...BUT IT IS KILLER.....now we got our yayas out...but can see the difficulty going from clean to overdriven singing LP tone and getting control over it over various tunes that require different backing. I AM INTERESTED IN A DEDICATED STRAP FOR THE GUITAR...At 8.42 lbs it is not a heavyweight but i like a good strap....RECOMMENDATIONS?

J T

Congrats and welcome!

Try to find a Levys Good ol no. 1 strap. Its nice and comfy and perfect for any guitar.

EXPLRGAB

Thanks JT...just had tech install strap locks...i will look into levy strap.