• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

R7 Custom yellow binding or cream years?

lifesonfan

I'm looking at R7 LP Customs. Specifically an 04 that has the yellow binding. As I shop around, I see some with cream binding, and some with yellow binding. Are there certain years R7 Customs should have yellow bidning vs cream?

harrie0492

Have a 2004 custom yellow binding
dpmondfiv.jpg

harrie0492

I see this yes, but the other Historics 58, 59, 60 reissues also have yellow and cream, but i think yellow is historic correct, the vintage black beautys and burst was yellow binding i think.

El Gringo

The cream versus yellow binding , isn't it first cream when new and as it ages it darkens to yellow ?

harrie0492

I think the yellow is sprayed look at pictures from a Burst were the yellow is aged the binding is white.

DANELECTRO

The guitar actually has bone-white binding. The yellow or cream color comes from the tint of the clear lacquer that is sprayed over the top of the binding.