• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Say it aint so ...

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Yes, that topic has been covered pretty extensively here already. But I appreciate the confirmation that the Page Custom I saw a million years ago last year at the Met was that Custom.

Blackjack30

Yes, that topic has been covered pretty extensively here already. But I appreciate the confirmation that the Page Custom I saw a million years ago last year at the Met was that Custom.
I had no idea about this with the daily deluge of doom gloom & tragedy that goes on nowdays.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
I had no idea about this with the daily deluge of doom gloom & tragedy that goes on nowdays.

I'm kind of surprised to see an article on Page recovering his Custom in 2020, since the thread on the topic at the LPF dated back to 2016:

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/...age-gets-his-1960-Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-back

Here are some photos of the Custom I took at the Met on April 15, 2019. Whoever removed the toggle switches did a first-class repairing the damage:

i-v2Rfqsw-L.jpg

i-P5S6FPw-XL.jpg

i-wSV5pW4-L.jpg

i-Z7HfJXS-L.jpg

(The lighting was dark and dramatic in most of the exhibition rooms and they didn't allow flash, so getting decent photos was very hit or miss there.)

Blackjack30

What i don't understand is how a thief, a guitar dealer & a guitar player gigging from Minnesota can all use/possess one of the most iconic STOLEN guitars on the planet and not get into trouble. And how can that one guy gig with it ???

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
What i don't understand is how a thief, a guitar dealer & a guitar player gigging from Minnesota can all use/possess one of the most iconic STOLEN guitars on the planet and not get into trouble. And how can that one guy gig with it ???

The 2018 book, Led Zeppelin: All the Songs has a few paragraphs in a section headlined "The Return of the 'Black Beauty,'" which rehashes most of the information in the above article, but at the end, the author writes, “By all accounts an unidentified person had ‘inherited’ the guitar from his uncle, who claimed Jimmy Page had given it to him in 1970.”

Whatever gets you through the night, I guess. (To borrow from another icon of British rock.)

ammocave

I agree, this is absolutely unacceptable :dude::hank

Last edited:

zacknorton

did you not read the story?

Nate @ Willie's is a totally stand up, honest guy. He's the guy who got the guitar BACK to Jimmy Page!

And... he had to WORK to make that happen. It's not like Page's people believed him at first.

Yeah.. so you wanna kill the messenger???

Or in this case... the finder and deliver-er of the stolen guitar????

Blackjack30

did you not read the story?

Nate @ Willie's is a totally stand up, honest guy. He's the guy who got the guitar BACK to Jimmy Page!

And... he had to WORK to make that happen. It's not like Page's people believed him at first.

Yeah.. so you wanna kill the messenger???

Or in this case... the finder and deliver-er of the stolen guitar????
Gas-chamber-Missouri.jpg

Not exactly complicated. Also not like Framton's Phoenix LPC lost in the jungles of South America. Page's guitar has been in basically the same area since its been swiped in plain sight.

*** for the record i don't want to "kill" anyone but the rule of Law should apply to everyone regardless cause God knows its been applied to me.