• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

60th R9 - edge of control knobs

qazyeh

I had a tech install new pickups on my 60th R9 and just took it back. I noticed that on ALL 4 controls knobs, between 0 and 10, there seem to be tool marks/scratches on the edge of the knobs. The edges do not feel smooth and visible to the naked eye.

I do not recall what they look like before I sent it to tech so my questions are

- do they come like these from factory?
- if not, and if it bothers me, where could I find replacement knobs? I did a quick google search and dont think Gibson sells them?

https://imgur.com/gallery/hIBl1HE

50088085657_144e59c3b7_w_d.jpg

Gold Tone

Injection mold break off point

The all have it, most are filed of by hand but not always. The ones that are filed have a small depression there from file hitting it once or twice

Big Al

OMG!OMG!!! That is horrific. Almost as bad as the not perfectly perpendicular dial indicator, which clearly has a bit of lean to it. The digit 7 appears a little less than aligned too. Shocking!!!:laugh2:

El Gringo

OMG!OMG!!! That is horrific. Almost as bad as the not perfectly perpendicular dial indicator, which clearly has a bit of lean to it. The digit 7 appears a little less than aligned too. Shocking!!!:laugh2:

That's the kind of thing my overly anally attentive to the tiniest details eyes don't notice and to me honestly that looks like when ever they came out of the mold like many plastic parts have that little nib or whatever you call it where they pull them apart at the factory as they come in large sheets or quantities and it is the mark of where they are joined together from where they are made . You probably could use a little bit of sand paper to smooth it out with .

Musicman

Injection mold break off point

The all have it, most are filed of by hand but not always. The ones that are filed have a small depression there from file hitting it once or twice

Yep, slight dimple on mine.:salude

pdfiddler

Your right it does have a lean.:hmm