• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Line 6 POD X3 Pro and POD Farm VST

Blue97FXSTC

I've been using a Line 6 POD XT Pro for recording guitars for several years now.
This is the red 2RU model.

I saw a POD X3 Pro on Craigslist recently.
The price was attractive and it was in mint condition, so I bought it.
It's a nice upgrade in several respects.
It's still a great piece of outboard hardware, but this now includes a very nice 24-bit/48kHz A/D with USB interface, which could suffice as your only converter if needed.
You can tweak the front panel knobs, or use the free Line 6 Gearbox software tool to graphically control the hardware.
That was the upgrade I was looking for, and it doesn't disappoint.
Like the XT Pro I used previously, the factory presets don't suit my tastes, but I can start from scratch and dial up some very convincing/usable sounds.
For my home project studio, it's perfect.

What I found out later, though, was that this piece of hardware acts as the license for the Line 6 POD Farm VST plug-in.
I downloaded the latest/greatest POD Farm v2.5 software, and using the Line 6 License Manager, now have a fully registered POD Farm VST.
No need to buy the iLok license/key.
Point Cubase to their VST directory, and it shows up ready to use.
Wow - what a great bonus!

If you use any amp modelling software/VST plug-in, you may already be aware of the Line 6 Amp Farm (older) or POD Farm (latest) tools.

Line 6 will gladly sell you POD Farm Platinum v2.5 for $300, or you can buy the hardware and get the plug-in for free.